Money, be it hard cash lying in your bank accounts or digital currency like bitcoins, is of utmost importance to the owner. Losing your hard earn money by any means leaves a hole in your soul. Its protection is one of the crucial tasks. And nonetheless, securing your money is your responsibility.
Even though bitcoin is virtual money that is difficult to steal, this is not the truth. The digitization of everything is still new to us. We are exploring and learning its various dynamics, and every element has its depth. Perhaps, security of bitcoins – as it is showcased – not necessarily be like that.
There are many ways to keep your cryptocurrency safe and secure. For most reliable solutions, reach out to go url. Remember, stealing your bitcoins is not an impossible task. According to some reports, hackers seized millions of dollars in bitcoins by exploiting the victims’ contact information. It is surreal because our phone number is one entity that we keep disclosing without thinking much.
Why does the stealing happen?
One of the best ways to prevent any mishap is to comprehend the reasons behind its occurrence. If once you can crack what leads to the stealing of bitcoins, you can stop yourself from going down that path and easily save your fortune. Your wallet that stores bitcoins is a digital entity, and like any other digital unit, it is hackable.
Hack happens when your system consists of bugs and viruses. It compromises the security of the system, making your system vulnerable and a gold mine for hackers. So, make sure your system is bugs free by installing genuine anti-virus software.
Let us look at some tips and tricks for securing a bitcoin wallet
1. In layman’s terms, a Bitcoin wallet is like any other wallet on the internet that is accessible by a password. And in the history of online, cracking passwords is not an industrious task.
To avoid the pain of not remembering passwords, many people set up common passwords like 12345678, abcd1234, or 4321dgef. Therefore, make it a habit of setting up a strong password for all of your accounts. It gives the intruder a tough challenge, and an easy giver will effortlessly give up.
2. Just like common passwords, there is one common phrase that must be applied in all spheres of life. It is: never put all your eggs in one basket. Just like you do not invest all of your money in one cryptocurrency, likewise, do not store your bitcoins in one single wallet.
There are numerous options for crypto wallets, and you must use this liberty to your advantage. Set up distinct and strong passwords for each wallet. Use your head, it is your sweat and blood.
3. Stay away from free things. Not everything you are getting for free is beneficial for you. The free Wi-Fi sign is one of the best places for hackers to hack your devices. Connecting to free Wi-Fi is like inviting the burglar into your house by handing him the keys. At free Wi-Fi hotspots, hackers easily penetrate your system and control it for their benefit without you even having a hint about it. So, avoid it at all costs.
4. Do not hesitate to add an extra layer to protection to your Bitcoin wallet. The first step is to get two-factor authentication. In this, if someone else is accessing your wallet, he/she will have to go through a two-way process to steal your coins.
You can either set up two passwords or make the verification process personal by setting up questions whose answers only you have. To go one step higher, get your wallet encrypted. It will lock all your coins and keep them safe from hackers.
5. Never save your wallet’s passwords on the internet. Whenever your browser asks you to save your password for future references, always decline without a shadow of a doubt. The hackers lookout for saved passwords in your system and steal your money in no time. Nobody on the internet is your friend. The internet has many loopholes and backdoors that can empty your pocket in a breath’s interim. Also, turn off the auto-update of your system.
6. A computer is a dumb machine. It can shut down anytime without any prior information, and all you will have in your hands is a junk box. Your data makes a computer a workable machine. Therefore, your data is critical than the system. Make it a habit of backing up your data weekly to avoid such setbacks.
7. The best way to keep your bitcoins and cryptocurrency safe is by using hardware wallets. Having your coins in a physical device that remains in your custody is the securest you can imagine. The disconnection from the internet is the hardware wallets’ strongest attribute. Because to steal money from this device a hacker must be able to physically access it. Seems like going old school never runs out of fashion.
8. There are various bitcoin wallet providers on the internet from which you may select wallets that meet your needs and requirements. You must confirm the provider’s legitimacy since you will be utilizing their services to store your money, and if they are not legitimate, you will lose your money. Therefore, choose carefully before making any decision.
The Parting Words
It is not at all selfish to look out for resources to protect your finances. The coins in your wallets are a result of your efforts, talents, skills, and time. Therefore, you must do anything and everything to save it. Another secure way is to use paper wallets. Paper wallets are cheap, secure, and can be stored anywhere.
Paper wallets are a great alternative in the sense that you must withdraw the whole amount or do not take it out at all. If you still wish to stick to your system, make sure to keep the above points in your head. Also, do not forget to keep your system updated. They are more secure and reliable.