Every year, more and more students start disliking school. All of them have their own reasons to do that, but almost all of the students say they feel tired after school day all the time. Because of that, most students avoid going to school and skip classes.
But why do so many students hate school these days? There are many reasons why this is happening. This article contains the most common reasons why students don’t like school as well as tips on how to study in school and enjoy it.
Top 7 reasons why students don’t like school
Many students share their negative emotions about high school. And even though it is a place where students can gain a lot of knowledge, it can also make young people feel exhausted all the time. So why do so many students hate school? Here are some of the most common reasons:
- It can be hard. There are many different subjects students cover in high school, and they cannot be equally easy for all of them. Subjects like maths or physics can be pretty complicated, and many students feel like giving up on them even though it can influence their grades badly.
- Some subjects are considered useless. For many students, a huge amount of materials is just not interesting. There are many young people who already know what they want to do and study, and studying obligatory subjects feels like a waste of time.
- Too much homework. Many students complain that they get too many assignments to do each week. Often the deadlines that are given require students to complete homework very fast. And because there are so many assignments to do, students don’t have enough time to do all the homework before the deadline.
- Exams and tests make students stressed. Exams and finals are something students have to deal with them by the end of each semester. Also, when choosing to go to college, students have to take the ACT or SAT which adds up to stress students go through.
- Preparations for college. In many countries, students are pressed to go to college right after school. Students have to choose their major and future profession even if they are not ready for that. As said previously, students also have to take tests in order to go to college, and preparing for them takes a lot of time and effort as well.
- Not all teachers will be nice to you. In high school, many teachers don’t really enjoy working with students. As a result, the lessons these teachers give are boring. Also, there are many situations when teachers argued with students and did not want to grade them fairly.
- You will have to wake up early every day. No one likes to wake up early, and, especially, it is hard for students that sometimes wake even at 5 a.m. in order to get to school.
Tips on how to study well and enjoy it
Studying is not torture if you do it in the right way. There are many different ways to do your homework and learn new materials that will not be boring. Use these tips to study for school without noticing how time passes by:
- Set a place for studying. You should find a workplace where you can focus on the task and study at your own pace. It should be somewhere quiet where no one will be able to distract you from what you are doing.
- Pick the right time. You should find enough time per week for studying, and in order to do that, you should first think about how much time you actually need and how much time you really have. You should also think about which time of the day is best for you to study.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help. There will always be someone who will be ready to help you out. If you feel like there are too many papers to work on, you can always rely on the professional essay writing service to write them for you. You can check sites such as CustomWritings.
- Discover what your learning style is. Many students choose various methods to study new materials. If you want to study better and enjoy the process, find the right way to study. Some people like listening to the audio while others enjoy reading more.
- Don’t forget to take breaks. Sometimes in the process of working and studying you might forget about having some rest. Because of that, your brain will get tired faster and you will not be focused on the task anymore. Take short breaks from time to time so your mind and body would not feel exhausted.
School can be fun
Everything always depends on you. If you feel like school is too boring, you can still make the situation much better. To do that, you need to start learning what you like in the most comfortable way. If you have a chance to choose subjects, pick the most interesting disciplines. And remember that if you can’t change the situation you can always change your attitude!