Surely you already know or have heard that hemp and marijuana are classified with the same plant name, “cannabis Sativa”, and there can be a lot of confusion when talking about these two.
But there is more to the marijuana plant than the flowers and buds. Today, thanks to some of the best online websites and retailers, you can easily and legally buy feminized seeds on Sensoryseeds and get express delivery to your doorstep anonymously.
But first let’s review the basics about cannabis, hemp, marijuana. What, then, is the Difference Between these Terms?
Cannabis sativa is a species with hundreds of varieties, and hemp and marijuana are different subspecies of this same plant. But the biggest difference between the two subspecies is their THC content (the psychoactive compound that makes you get the “high” of marijuana).
The two types contain THC, but hemp contains only minimal amounts of THC while marijuana 3% -20% of this substance.
Therefore, neither hemp nor cannabis do not produce any type of psychoactive reaction, but what it does produce is a series of incredible health benefits!
The hemp has been used for thousands of years and is a very versatile plant as it has been used to make textiles, paper, dyes, soaps, food, medicine and much more …
Today, hemp is considered a superfood, for all the properties and nutrients it contains and the wonders that its consumption can bring to health.
Cannabis Seeds and Hemp are a Rich Source of:
- Omega 3 and omega 6, contain the perfect ratio between these essential oils, in addition to its content of GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), a fatty acid that has been shown to help naturally balance hormones, improve problems arthritis, helps skin care, etc.
- Vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, magnesium, iron, and zinc
- Proteins, Hemp has a high protein content and is one of the best sources of vegetable protein that exists for its complete amino acid content, so for vegans, this is a great option.
8 Reasons to Frequently Consume Cannabis Seeds are:
- It regulates hormones by their GLA content
- It reduces arthritis problems and joint pain thanks to its GLA content
- It helps improve memory
- It improves digestion, due to its soluble and insoluble fiber content
- it prevents depression and anxiety due to its content of glutamic acid, a neurotransmitter that helps to deal with stress, fatigue and depression, among other things.
- it prevents and improves diseases such as arthritis, due to its perfect balance of omega 3 and omega 6 (GLA), by reducing inflammation and strengthening the immune system.
- it helps you lose weight by reducing sugar cravings and keeping you satisfied.
- it improves hair, nails and skin due to its content of fatty acids.
As you can see, these seed are a superfood, and it has so many properties and nutrients that we must integrate it into our diet as soon as possible! It can be found in a grocery store and online, and you can consume them in the form of seeds, hemp hearts or as a cannabis seed oil.
Adding the cannabis oil and/or the seeds and hearts in the salad, in smoothies, soups or sprinkling seeds in bread with avocado are some of the simplest ways to add this Super-food to your diet.
Cannabis Seeds Nutritional Properties
The cannabis are the seeds of the plant sativa but do not contain cannabidiol nor the main component of this narcotic plant, THC. They are therefore a safe food and, in fact, increasingly considered as a superfood for its excellent nutritional properties.
It’s should always be eaten peeled, as their shell is very hard. Once peeled, they can be consumed directly or added to yoghurts, breakfast cereals, used to make energy bars, etc.
Its combination of proteins, Iron, Magnesium and vitamin E, make them a food highly valued by athletes.
Cannabis Seeds: Properties, Benefits and How to Take them
Hemp, or cannabis Sativa, is a plant from which it is obtained from fabric to make clothes, oil to construction material through seeds for human consumption (which do not contain THC).
Theri seeds are very rich in nutrients and can be used in different ways. For example, among the recipes with hemp, we can prepare vegetable drink or hemp milk, and they can be added to both salty and sweet cooking recipes because it has a mild flavor that could remind us of sunflower seeds or hazelnuts.
How to Take Cannabis Seeds?
Hemp can be Consumed in Different Ways:
- Ground or crushed added to any dish, such as salads, roasts, soups, pasta, etc. Of course, grind these seeds just at the time you are going to use them because they are rich in fat and will quickly turn rancid.
- Adding whole cannabis seeds to recipes for bread, cookies, cakes, etc.
- Hemp and cannabis seeds oil can be used to make sauces, as a dressing, and can even be used on the face, body, and hair.
- Hemp flour, made from cannabis seeds, can be used together with other flours in the preparation of doughs, cakes, muffins, bread, cookies, etc.
- Sprouted cannabis seeds. This is a very interesting and different way to consume them.
Now that you know the multiple qualities that hemp has to improve health; you are sure not to resist including them in your diet. Peeled, powdered or however you wish, you will get all the benefits of hemp. This plant never ceases to amaze us by the amount of therapeutic properties it offers us.
Finally, we just want to tell you that, although hemp provide us with a great nutritional contribution, they are not a miracle food. In addition, it is important that you take care of the rest of your diet so that it is balanced.
If you have any type of pathology, you should consult a doctor and he will tell you what is the best treatment to eradicate it. This food is a supplement to improve our health, but it is not a medicine that can cure a disease.