Hats are an accessory that never goes out of style, there is a wide variety around the world, where their sizes, colors, materials, and shapes stand out. For many centuries, the various cultures around the world have worn hats or head ornaments to protect you from the sun or rain when you are outdoors, or in many cases to look fashionable while looking fabulous. Today, hats are still used, both adults and children enjoy wearing a beautiful hat that denotes the security that is in them.
They are a timeless fashion accessory because you can wear it at any time of the year and anywhere, there will always be a hat for every occasion. One of those types of hats is the Panama hat that brings unique characteristics and where its history will make you love this accessory that will surely look fabulous on you.
Panama hats have been in existence for many years and their origin dates back to the first inhabitants of the equatorial coast, specifically in Montecristi and Jipijapa, where skilled weavers made these to protect themselves in the field from the rays of the sun. These towns weave hats with great patience and therefore their fine quality and their perfect finish, but how is the elaboration of this hat:
ELABORATION OF A PANAMA HAT
The Panama hat is an accessory with environmentally friendly characteristics, since its process, being the origin of ancestral knowledge, is made by hand and with ecological and natural materials. The straw with which it is made is called toquilla (Carludovica palmata), the leaf of this palm grows in humid forests and when it has reached the necessary growth period it is cut, put to a boil to remove the chlorophyll and leave it in a beige tone, then cut into long fibers and dried in natural light, after drying the best toquilla fibers are chosen and the straw hat is woven from the crown to its wings.
In the weaving process, it highlights the skills of a craftsman prepared since childhood by his family circle, it is a knowledge transmitted from generation to generation, that is why the wisdom of weaving remains intact and pure, as weavers respect the process out of respect for their culture and to keep their tradition alive. Each hat is made from start to finish by the same weaver, it is a process that lasts from a week to six months, the time depends on how fine the final product is.
The complexity of the hat lies in the weaving of the fiber, the smaller and smaller the weaving, the more detailed the weaving and the longer it will take, so an artisan dedicates himself entirely to weaving the hat for the rest of his life. It is more than an accessory, it is an item with unique characteristics that carries with it the wisdom of the ancestors of an ancient culture.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE A PANAMA HAT
The Panama hat is very versatile when it comes to wearing it, comfort and comfort are its main characteristics, the security that you will denote with it is undeniable. A very peculiar hat that will surely make you decide on one in a short time, and how good you will look when you choose the one you like the most:
• The hat can resist exposure to sunlight and rain without spoiling, of course, you must clean it and give it the necessary maintenance to extend its useful life, but you can always have it as an ally when it comes to going outdoors no worries about damaging it.
• It is a light accessory, it does not weigh, and it adapts to your head perfectly, wearing it will be very comfortable. And being made of straw will provide you with the freshness you need when you are outdoors.
• The fine Panama hat can be folded and stored without losing its shape, due to its small braids it is capable of being rolled up and thus can be carried wherever you go, it will not lose its shape, that is one of its main characteristics to demonstrate its fine fabric.
• Due to its classic shape and neutral color, it can be worn by everyone, whether children, adults, a woman or a man, everyone can wear a Panama hat. There is no distinction when it comes to releasing it and you will always look fabulous.
• The style and timelessness that this hat denotes are wonderful when wearing one because you can always carry it with you, whether on the beach or in the mountains, in the city with an urban style, any style is perfect to wear with a Panama hat.
• By wearing this hat, you support ecology and a sustainable product, free of contamination or chemical processes. It is made entirely of natural fiber and it gives you not only comfort but the security that you support the environment.
CARE FOR THE PANAMA HAT
A Panama hat is made to last, it can accompany you for many years, and its material made of natural fiber is a good ally characterized by being resistant. But you must know certain cares so that it always stays like new and preserves its original color and shape.
• You should not allow that once used it is left in a place where it is permanently exposed to sunlight or rain, as long hours of exposure to humidity or heat will deteriorate it. If the humidity is very high, mold spots can appear.
• Do not bend it for long periods, only when it is to be moved from one place to another, but it should not remain rolled for months as its shape would be affected.
• Do not color or paint it yourself, see a professional if you want to color it or draw it.
• If by mistake, you stain go to the dry cleaner, they as professionals will know how to remove the stain without damaging the hat.
The Panama hat is a very useful accessory and you could allow yourself to take it with you, feel sure that it will give you all the security wherever you are, and at the same time you will be carrying a little bit of the history of an ancient people with you, in addition to that, you will support a purely handmade and handmade product. You should not forget the high cultural level that this accessory has, in addition to looking very elegant, they support a tradition that lives on and remains current today. For more information or purchase of Panama hats visit EcuadorianHands.