Why You Need to Invest in a Pool Cleaner Right Now
It is crucial to maintain the cleanliness of your swimming pool. Doing so will not only protect it but also will ensure that it is safe and comfortable for the entire family to enjoy.
In addition, you can lengthen its life span and prevent any bacteria growth with proper upkeep and cleaning. Hence, it is crucial to make any necessary adjustments for a clean, safe, and easy-to-maintain swimming pool.
Pool maintenance is not an easy task. You have to scrub, skim, and brush regularly to keep it looking safe and sparkling. Thankfully, an automatic pool cleaner can save the day and your time. These innovative smart home gadgets can do all the hard work for you while you relax or do other important chores.
Why Do I Need to Clean My Pool?
Your swimming pool is an investment. It is a very valuable asset to your property. Likewise, it brings a beautiful aesthetic to your backyard and offers many benefits. It can serve as a relaxation area or a place to entertain your guests.
Aside from these, there are other important reasons why you need to maintain your pool regularly:
- To prolong its lifespan.
- To help keep your water safe and sanitary.
- To avoid costly repairs.
- For better functionality and performance.
- To enhance the value and overall aesthetic of your property.
- Everyone will enjoy it.
What Will Happen If I Don’t Clean It Regularly?
Not cleaning your pool frequently will cause the following problems:
- Pool drains will clog. This problem is one of the main concerns of most owners. Allowing this to happen can burn out the motor of your pool, which can hurt your pockets with repairs. So make sure to check the drains regularly.
- Algae buildup. You’ll know that algae are likely developing in your pool if its components or water seems to be acquiring a green tint. You can find many products available out there to help prevent and even eliminate these. Alternatively, you can call a cleaning service.
- It can cause illnesses. You will suffer from various health concerns if you don’t maintain your swimming pool’s cleanliness. These may include irritation of your respiratory, eyes, ears, and of course, skin. The reason for this is that there may be bacteria growing and contaminating your water. As a result, you may experience wound infections, eye infections or rashes.
Why an Automatic Pool Cleaner is Better at Cleaning Your Pool
You have plenty of options in terms of pool equipment and tools. There are manual tools like mesh baskets and handheld nets, which are ineffective, difficult, and time-consuming. Meanwhile, handheld pool vacuums can cause back pains and will only move debris around your pool water.
You can also use the less laborious suction cleaner. However, it won’t be able to get rid of algae and other tougher debris. Likewise, a pressure cleaner will require you to install a special pump, which can be costly.
An automatic robot pool cleaner, on the other hand, is a great helper. It will get rid of all the frustrations that come with pool upkeep. The smart device can eliminate particles that contaminate your swimming pool, ensuring that the water is clean and hygienic. You can find more information here.
Additionally, owning a robot pool cleaner presents many benefits, which include the following:
- It can scrub pool surfaces for a more hygienic and cleaner finish.
- Installation is easy and there are even some units that allow you to treat your swimming pool with chemicals.
- Since robot pool cleaners are available in a wide range of models and sizes, you are sure to find one suitable for your pool’s requirements.
- This pool gadget is a wonderful energy saver.
- It’s self-programmable, meaning it can navigate around the water on its own.
- It is a highly efficient and quick way to clean and sanitize your swimming pool.
- An automatic pool cleaner is also extremely practical. It can clean various forms of debris. These include algae, twigs, leaves, and many other particles.
- Your unit can clean crevices in your pool steps, floor, and walls as well. This means that it can help prevent debris buildup, which usually leads to damaging your pool’s integrity.
- You can enjoy a plethora of additional features. Some units even come with remote control, allowing you to clean your pool while you’re comfortably lounging by the poolside.
Things You Need to Keep in Mind before Buying a Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Pool size. Knowing the size of your oasis can help you determine which automatic cleaner will meet the needs of your pool.
- Functionality. These devices work in various ways. Do you want a unit that acts like a vacuum, a model that can only brush, or you need something that can do both? Make sure to do your research first and know the benefits and features of the model you’re eyeing.
- Type of pool floor. Is it rocky, flat, or irregular? Is it made of fiberglass, vinyl, or tiles? Knowing the type of floor your pool has will ensure the robot cleaner is compatible with it to get the best possible results every time.
- Your budget. Investing in the best robot pool cleaner is not only for the sake of convenience, but it’s a necessity as well. Owning one is not only beneficial for your pool, but also the health of your family.
Features to Look Out For
Considering these features can help with your decision when searching for the right robot cleaner for your swimming pool.
Scheduling and Programming Features
Look for a robot cleaner with these features. Having an option to program the device enables you to decide how long or where your unit should clean. On the other hand, scheduling is a handy feature that lets you set your robot to work even if you’re away from home or doing other stuff.
Some automatic cleaners clean scrub using heavy-duty brushes, while some suck debris with their powerful vacuum. If possible, opt for a model that comes with both of these features to get the maximum cleaning power.
In addition, you can find robots that can clean from walls to floors, and even the waterline. And while some can handle pool corners and stairs, most robots do not have this feature.
Self-Contained Filter System
You can find some devices that have a self-contained filtration. This means that it can eliminate the strain on the filter of your pool since it will avoid it during cleaning sessions. Thereby, you’ll be saving on energy bills and defend your pool’s system from wear and tear.
Filter Removal and Top Access Lid
Look for an automatic pool cleaner that enables you to take care of water build-up quickly and easily. Filter removal and top access lid allow the water to drain quickly. This means that there is no need to remove the robot from your pool once it’s filled.
Moreover, ensure that its filter bag is large enough and reusable so that you don’t need to remove it every time it’s full of debris. Newer robotic cleaners do not utilize bags. What they have is a filter that you can simply remove and clean while emptying the water.
Swivel Power Cord
Many automatic pool cleaners come with a power cord attached to them while cleaning. This is what will power your unit and help its energy efficiency. Nevertheless, it also means that it can lead to the cord tangling while it cleans. To prevent tangling, most brands incorporate their robots with a swivel cord. So make sure to check it out.