It does not matter whether you are buying for yourself or for someone else, the fact is that buying a shirt can be a little complicated. There are a lot of parameters you need to judge before you purchase one. A shirt makes your first impression on important things like job interviews, dates, social gatherings, events, etc.
That is why you need to spend some time finding the right design, color, material that not only looks good but suits your personality. And this is where we are going to help you. We are here to share with you some great tips that will help you choose the best shirt for you.
5 Things to look for before choosing a Shirt:
1. Check for Material:
– While buying one, the first and foremost thing to look at is the material of the clothing. If the weather is hot, then you should go for light cotton shirts whereas if it is wintertime, then you should go for a flannel or something else. It depends on what kind of material is suitable for the time of the year and the kind of profession.
FR (Fire resistant) clothing is becoming extremely popular nowadays and is becoming mandatory for certain industries due to safety regulations. But you can wear FR clothes for regular purposes as well, and check FROutlet.com for some variety of Flame-Resistant shirts.
2. Check for the Color of the Shirt:
– Different jobs and gatherings require different colored shirts. You cannot wear the same color in business meetings and social gatherings. If you have an interview for a job, then you need to go for some conservative colors like white, light blue, grey, etc. If you are going to a party at a club, then you should go for a brighter color. If you are going to a business meeting which is informal, then try colors like blue or grey, etc.
3. Make sure the shirt Fits:
– No matter how nice and glamourous your shirt is, it won’t make you look good unless it fits you properly. So do not waste time looking at a nice one that does not fit you. There are 2 things that will help you understand whether the shirt fits you or not. You will be able to move freely and properly while wearing it. It will complement and flatter your body shape.
If possible, always go for custom made. Custom made ones are more expensive than the ready-made ones but are surely worth buying as they fit you just perfectly.
4. Watch out for the right collar:
– Collar might seem like the least important feature of a shirt but in reality, it matters a lot. The collar is not just sitting there for the sake of wearing it. The collar plays an extremely important role in drawing attention to your facial structure.
Some of the most commonly seen collar styles are Spread collar, Widespread collar,Wingtip, Straight collar, and Band collar. Check out each of those styles and find out which one suits your facial structure.
5. Watch for Chemicals in the shirt:
– Some people tend to have allergic reactions to shirts manufactured with multiple chemicals and fabrics. Have a chat with your doctor and be aware of what things you are allergic to. One more reason to learn about the composition of your shirt is so that you canwash it without ruining it.
There you go, these are the top 5 things that you should consider in order to get a perfect shirt. We wish you all the best with your coming gather or interview.