If you’re looking to glam up your look with eyelash extensions, our 2024 guide has all the dos and don’ts you need to make sure your lashes stay beautiful, bold, and healthy long into the future. Let’s get started!
You must adhere to these guidelines to get the most out of your lash experience. Be sure to properly follow each of these instructions to guarantee satisfaction with your new look that will last!
Benefits of Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions have become increasingly popular in recent years due to the convenience and long-lasting effects they offer. If you’re considering investing in eyelash extensions, it’s important to learn about their potential benefits.
According to Sugarlash Pro, one of the key reasons why eyelash extensions have become so popular is due to their natural appearance. Silk and synthetic materials are used to create these lash extensions, so you won’t be left with a harsh, unnatural look. The experts at your local salon can work with you to find the ideal set of lashes that perfectly complements your features.
Not only do they provide an aesthetically pleasing look, but they may also save you time in the morning getting ready for work or a night out on the town. Because this type of lash application gives eyes a more dramatic undertone, makeup applications may take less time compared to natural ones.
And because of the strength of individual strands and adhesive used in this process, they won’t chip off easily like everyday mascara products can do if rubbed or touched too much throughout the day.
Another perk of having them is that you don’t need any special aftercare routine or makeup remover products like when wearing traditional mascara and spoolies. You may also experience improved confidence due to your beautiful lash extension look which can help boost self-esteem levels as well!
Pre-Eyelash Extension Preparation
Before having them applied, there are several important steps you should take to ensure the best possible outcome for them. Some of the preparation before and during an eyelash extension appointment can include:
- Remove contact lenses before treatment. This will lessen the risk of irritation of your eyes and avoid scarring caused by dislodged lenses during the application process.
- Remove any eye makeup including mascara, eyeliner, and eye shadow must be completely removed as oils found in makeup can keep extensions from adhering properly to your lashes.
- Avoid caffeine before the appointment as this can cause pulsing which may be uncomfortable during the application process.
- Cleanse your natural lashes with a purified water-based cleanser after removing makeup to ensure lash adhesion is secure.
- Inform the technician if you are using certain medicines that will impact how long extensions stay intact on lashes.
- Be sure to share with technicians any known allergies or sensitivities related to skin products or adhesives that might impact the extension success rate on your eyes.
Do’s After Eyelash Extensions
They can provide you with natural-looking, beautiful lashes that last for several weeks. To ensure maximum life and health for them, it is important to follow certain guidelines. Here are 5 do’s after getting it:
- Avoid getting them wet for 12-24 hours after the application as this time is necessary for the extension glue to bond firmly with your natural lashes.
- Use a gentle cleanser around the eye area when washing your face – Stay away from oil-based products as these can loosen Lash adhesion.
- Apply mascara only at the base of the Lash line, if desired, and only opt for oil-free mascaras that are specially designed for use on lash extensions.
- Remember to remove all makeup each night before bedtime and use a cotton pad dampened with eyewash to gently remove residue from your eyes.
- Avoid extreme heat or steam while showering, steam room, or sauna. Heat will cause your lash extension adhesive to break down rapidly resulting in premature fallout and a shorter-than-expected life cycle of your Lash Extension Treatment.
Don’ts After Eyelash Extensions
It’s important to follow a few do’s and don’ts to ensure that they stay healthy and attractive. This guide will cover some essential dos and don’ts after their extensions. Following these tips will help keep them looking great for longer.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or touching the lash line as this could dislodge the lash adhesive or cause damage to delicate skin.
- Do not use oil-based cleansers around your eye area and ensure any products (such as makeup remover) are oil-free. Oils can damage both the adhesive bond between the extension and natural eyelashes, as well as potentially cause irritation or inflammation of the eyes or skin.
- Do not attempt to remove them on your own without proper training. If you’re having trouble with removal, visit a professional technician for guidance instead of risking permanent damage to your lashes by attempting do-it-yourself solutions.
- Try not to sleep on your face, turn side to side in bed, wear glasses regularly, wear contact lenses often, cry excessively at movies or shows, apply disinfectant products directly onto lashes (rather than a cotton pad), swim daily in chlorinated water pools/hot tubs, use eyelashes curlers on already curled extensions, apply mascara/ liquids directly onto extensions as these all can loosen up bonding agent & cause premature fall out of extensions.
You can increase their longevity of them and retain their beautiful look with these easy do’s and don’ts.
- Do keep them clean, and use only approved cleansing products for lash extensions.
- To protect them from wet or windy conditions.
- Don’t pull on your lashes and tug too much on the extensions; be gentle with them.
- Don’t rub your eyes or sleep on your face to ensure that the adhesives dry completely.
- Finally, regular maintenance appointments are necessary for keeping them in perfect condition for longer periods.
We hope this guide helped outline the proper way to care for eyelash extensions to get optimal results! Follow these guidelines to ensure that you have luscious-looking lashes every day!