The importance of getting quality sleep is a fact known by many people today. Doctors continuously keep pointing out its significance but getting a good night’s sleep or just enough of it is becoming increasingly difficult for many. Living in the modern age has immensely sped up people’s lifestyles and many individuals sacrifice their rest for work, school, and much more.
Unfortunately, this can have grave consequences on our health since our body needs to rest so that it can repair and rejuvenate itself. Sleeping also benefits our cognitive abilities, mental health, decreases stress levels, lowers blood pressure, and much more.
However, six to eight hours of sleep per day is not all it takes to stay rested and healthy. For our body to truly feel energized, one needs to have comfort and a room that is peaceful and quiet. Besides a warm comforter and soft pillows, one also needs to have a quality mattress.
These products vary in materials, sizes, firmness, and more, so it is crucial for individuals to find a type that will help their body relax and feel great in the morning. Here are some of the most popular kinds and all the advantages and disadvantages they have to offer.
The product utilizes only latex foam for both the support core and layers, making it one of the simplest constructions of all. It comes in different degrees of firmness or softness which is great for anyone, no matter if they sleep on their stomach, back, or side. As compared to memory foam, this product is less dense and generates less heat too.
These types can be made from natural latex or synthetic one and the chosen material usually determines its price and several other factors as well.
– Ultimate comfort due to the material’s natural springiness.
– Perfect for individuals who suffer from joint or back pain.
– Since they feature no metal components they eliminate possible electromagnetic radiation, providing safe sleep.
– They might be more difficult to lift or move since they are heavier than most other types.
– This type tends to be more expensive than others.
As the name suggests, these types of mattresses offer qualities of both foam and innerspring products. The comfort layer is usually comprised of memory foam or latex while the base features coils. They offer good support but are the best for side sleepers.
If you are unsure of what the best brands that offer quality products are, websites such as Sleeping Ninjas offer you in-depth reviews on anything bed-related.
– Supports the body’s shape better than other types.
– Good breathability, bounce, and response.
– Different firmness levels but no sinking.
– Cheaper and great for someone who is on a tight budget.
– Depending on its construction, it can have a high transfer of motion.
– Usually heavier and difficult to move.
This type is the one people are most familiar with and it is still one of the most used as well. It utilizes springs, also known as coils to support the sleeper’s body. Springs are connected into a single unit and can be covered with padding, stuffing, or foam that can be several inches thick. Generally, the more amount of coils a product has, the higher the quality.
– They are the cheapest since they have a very low manufacturing cost.
– They can last you between 7 to 8 years or even more, meaning they are extremely durable.
– Lessened support and spring sagging over the years.
– Not optimal for back support or spinal alignment.
– Pressure points are inevitable due to the uneven distribution of weight.
– These products are not hypo-allergenic.
These mattresses typically feature an upper layer comprised of memory foam and a base that is much denser and has no memory qualities to prevent the sleeper from sinking to the bottom. They perfectly contour the shape of one’s body and offer shoulder and hip support too.
– Extremely high customer satisfaction rating.
– They provide spinal alignment but no additional body pressure.
– Great for people suffering from any type of ache, but especially back pain.
– They eliminate motion transfer.
– A quality product offers longevity lasting around 10 to 20 years.
– Toxic components are used for the manufacturing of certain brands.
– Some kinds have a strong initial odor.
– Hotter than other types since it cradles one’s body and the dense foam also retains heat.
– Softer than expected in hotter climates, or more firm in colder environments.
5. Organic Mattresses
This type can essentially be an innerspring or latex mattress with the difference of the materials used for production. As one can guess, these products are made from natural materials such as natural latex, cotton, and wool. Manufacturers use no chemicals during the manufacturing process and they are great for reducing one’s carbon footprint.
– They offer undisturbed sleep due to the perfect support and reduced transfer of motion.
– The materials are biodegradable and these are the most eco-friendly types on the market.
– Perfect for people with allergies.
– Due to the natural materials, especially wool, the product is fire resistant.
– They regulate the body’s temperature so you can enjoy quality sleep and comfort.
– They are sustainable and extremely durable as well.
– These mattresses will last at least 20 years.
– Just like synthetic latex products, they are one of the most expensive mattresses on the market.
– They are very heavy.
It is essential to take your time when choosing your mattress. Before anything, consider all the qualities you will need it to have and determine your budget to narrow down your choices. After all, the most suitable quality product will not only help you sleep better but offer several physical and mental health benefits as well. Never rush and choose carefully to get the optimal product for you.