Many people like to convert YouTube videos to MP3 to enjoy great music or podcasts on MP3-compatible devices such as PC, tablet, or mobile phone.
YouTube to MP3 converter allows you to enjoy your favorite music and interviews whenever and wherever you want because you’re not restricted to the Internet connection. But, bear in mind, you will need the YouTube video owner’s copyright permission to do so.
The best converters feature predefined formatting, resolution, and compression settings for your device. They also allow you to save and convert clips in batches and choose where you want them saved after download and conversion is complete.
There is a number of YouTube converters available out there, that it makes it really hard to find the one you can trust. For this reason, we handpicked 8 great YouTube to MP3 converters so that you can choose the one best for your needs.
1. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter Free is a software supporting a wide variety of video inputs. It allows you to convert videos from almost any output device, such as iPad, iPhone, Samsung TV, and many others. You can download music and videos in just one click.
This application can be used on Windows OS, and it allows you to edit downloaded videos as well. Its interface is very well designed with a detailed description of all functions.
However, when installing this tool, you might be prompted to install a Yahoo browser extension and anti-malware software.
2. 4K Video Downloader
Unlike many free YouTube video converters, 4K Video Downloader comes with no adds and bundled software. This is an excellent tool for downloading playlists and videos with subtitles in 4K resolution.
Besides YouTube, this application can convert videos from other websites such as Vimeo and DailyMotion.
The downside of this tool is a relatively narrow choice of conversion formatting. You can download audio in either MP3 or M4A and video in MP4 and MKV. Besides, if you want to download longer playlists, you will need to buy a license key, and it’s only available for Windows OS.
3. Free YouTube to MP3 Converter
Free YouTube to MP3 Converter is perfectly safe and simple to use. All you need to do is to choose the quality and formatting from their drop-down menu, copy-paste the URL, and hit ‘Download.’
However, similarly to the first item on our list, it comes with packaged adware from ByteFence, so be mindful while installing this tool.
This software allows you to choose multiple files to be converted, and its well-designed and clean interface shows which files are pending conversion. When you are downloading a lot of files, it will give you an option to automatically shut down your computer after the download is complete.
ClipGrab makes YouTube to MP3 converting exceptionally simple and easy. It supports many video websites and has an integrated video search.
Its perfectly basic and clean interface shows you just how simple the whole process will be from the get-go. You only need to copy the YouTube URL to the clipboard, and this smart and useful tool will get things going.
However, it comes with the bundled Opera browser software. Even though this step is easy to skip, be watchful while installing the application.
5. Free YouTube Download
Another great converter tool, Free YouTube Download, comes with an excellent video conversion options. It converts the files automatically after downloading so that they are immediately ready for viewing on different devices.
It has a spotless and intelligible interface with advanced settings. You can pick the format and quality of the downloaded files, and set your computer to shut down automatically when the download is complete.
This tool allows you to queue multiple videos. On the other hand, you can’t download videos that are longer than three minutes. For this perk, you will need to upgrade and purchase the whole package.
This easy-to-use and fast tool allows you to download and convert into various file formats, including MP4, MP3, M4A, MKV, and many others. Besides YouTube, VideoProc supports other websites such as Twitch, Facebook, etc.
With this tool, you will be able to edit and record any audio or video as well. However, it only works on Mac and Windows; there’s no mobile version of this program.
7. Wondershare UniConverter
With its excellent functionality and sleek interface, Wondershare UniConverter definitely deserves its place in the top eight YouTube video to MP3 converters. With just one click, you can download files in a wide range of formats super-fast. Next to YouTube, this tool supports many other video sharing websites.
The only downside of this software is its limited functionality of the free version. To get full-access, you need to get its paid version.
8. YTD Video Downloader
This video downloader includes player and converter and supports many media-sharing platforms such as YouTube, Dailymotion, and Facebook. It also supports almost every audio and video format, and has some in-built tools allowing you to do some last-minute edits.
On the downside, this converter can’t download multiple video simultaneously, unless you get the paid version.
To Wrap Up
Converting YouTube videos to MP3 should be relatively straightforward. Depending on the size of the files and your Internet connection, this process should be quite fast as well. All that is required from you is to copy the URL of the video you wish to download and paste it into the converter app of your choice. Click ‘Download,’ and you’re ready to go!
There is one more step to it, and that’s checking YouTube’s Terms of Service and making sure that the song you want to download is not under copyright law.
There’s a lot of fantastic software out there, and hopefully, our list of eight top picks will help you decide which converter best meets your needs.
Q: Is it illegal to download YouTube videos and music to MP3?
A: Technically, converting YouTube videos and music to MP3 is not illegal; however, downloading copyrighted videos is illegal.
YouTube and Google have threatened to take down some popular converter websites in the past and take them to court, but nothing ever happened. It is against the US copyright law to download YouTube videos for personal use since downloading the videos for free can harm the music industry.
Nevertheless, it’s legal to convert YouTube videos to MP3 as long as it is not under copyright law. In that case, it’s highly likely you could be fined.
Q: What audio quality conversion is supported by converters?
A: Many YouTube video converters have a wide variety of audio quality to choose from. They usually have the option for you to choose which format you want your downloaded file to be in. When it comes to audio file formats, they typically support compressed audio formats, most commonly MP3 and AAC.
Q: How can I legally download music?
A: There are several official sources that offer legal access to music for free and have a download option as well. Those are:
- Amazon – This is one of the biggest music distributors worldwide, offering 40 thousand and more tracks for free. The majority of these tracks are, however, from unknown artists. There is a wide variety of genres to choose from, and you can download songs in pretty high quality.
- Google Play. – There is a section on the Google Play app called Antenna Sampler, where you can download music for free. Besides, you can download popular tracks on the Google Play Homepage as well.
- fm. – Another website that has an option for downloading music for free. You don’t need the account to save the tracks; however, the choice isn’t that colorful. If you’re a fan of indie music and want to explore new bands, this could be a great place to explore.
- Free Music Archive. – Another great source that offers around 90K free songs under Creative Common licence. Similarly to the Last.fm, most of the tracks on this website are from the less-known artist.
- According to their policy, you can grant the option to download a track if you have permission to distribute it. Here you can legally download a lot of tracks, including remixes and covers from the well-known artist as well as music from the independent artists.
- With more than 150K tracks, this website offers free music downloads without a sign-up. It’s free if you’re downloading songs and albums for personal use. For commercial purposes, you can download tracks if you pay for a license, with prices ranging from $4.99 up-words.
- This is a popular online community of music fans and artists. Most of the musicians on PureVolume upload their music with enabled download options, so their fans can listen to it and save it for free.
- Another great website that connects fans with their favourite artists. For free music downloads, you will need to create an account. What is great about this website is the option to tip the artists whose music you appreciate.
- Vimeo Music Store. – On this video-sharing website, you can download free tracks only if you have a Vimeo account.
Q: What are the best MP3 converter apps for Android and iOS?
A: Converting video to audio files is quite easy, and there is a number of apps for both Android and iOS that help you accomplish this in just a few seconds. Here are some of the best apps for Android:
- Video to MP3 Converter. – With this free app, you can have standard and advanced MP3 conversions. It also supports MP4, AVI, WMW, and other video file formats.
- MP3 Tagger. – This video to MP3 converter is compatible with Android 4.0 or later OS versions. This app doesn’t have the option to convert multiple video files at once.
- MP3 Cutter and Merger. – This is a great and efficient app for all Android users, which can do much more than just converting videos into MP3s. It supports all video file formats, and it allows you to covert up to fifteen videos simultaneously.
Some of the best converter apps for iOS are the following:
- Video to MP3 Music Player. – This app is for free, but it offers some in-app purchases. With its simple three-step process, you can convert a video file into a high-quality MP3 with ease. It supports all video file formats and enables you to play and share audio files to Messenger, WhatsApp, and others.
- The Audio Converter. – With this app, you can convert audio and video files into a broad spectrum of audio files, including MP3, OGG, AAC, and many others.
Q: How to convert YouTube Playlist into MP3?
A: Unquestionably, YouTube is one of the biggest video platforms around the globe. You can download entire YouTube playlists with this simple and hassle-free five-step process:
Step #1. First, you will need to install a YouTube to MP3 Converter of your choice.
Step #2. Find the playlist on YouTube you want to download or create your own. Then you will need to copy the URL of the playlist to the clipboard by right-clicking the address bar and selecting ‘Copy.’
Step #3. Paste the URL into your MP3 converter by using the toolbar button, or simply drag-and-drop the link into the program.
Step #4. Your MP3 converter will offer two options: to download a selected video or the whole playlist. Select the ‘list’ option, and all videos will be added to the download queue.
Step #5. Click the ‘Start’ button, and the download will begin. It’s as simple as that! Plus, most YouTube video to MP3 converters have the option to add more videos to the download list.
Q: Is it better to convert into MP4 or MP3?
A: Most experts would agree that it’s better to convert to AAC encoded MP4 audio file than to an MP3 file of a similar size. The former simply sounds better. However, when converting, bear in mind that AAC is a more advanced compression technology. You need to make sure that the device on which you plan to play your audio files is compatible with the AAC format.