There are people that are nomads and they travel around the world all their lives. Their home is the world, and they don’t have a house or a specific place to live. But there are those who love to have a house for themselves.
Some like their houses to be in urban parts of towns, on the opposite some love the suburban parts. But there are some people that love to live in impossible locations. Far away from other people, noise and disturbance.
We are going to show you the most interesting houses in almost impossible locations. Some of them are even impossible to imagine.
15. This first location is remote as it can be. It’s Iceland’s Elliðaey island. This island was home for five families, and they were hosting puffin hunters. The island is basically an enormous floating rock that’s isolated from the rest of the world. The families wanted to be even more isolated, so they built a fence around their entire property.
14. You’ve may saw this image everywhere across the Internet, but you never knew where’s this house is located. This house was built in 1968 on top of a rock in the middle of the River Drina. It’s located near the town of Bajina Basta, Serbia, and it’s a marvelous sight for everyone that passes by it.
13. There’s something similar in the Saint Lawrence River at the US-Canada border. It’s a house on a tiny island, that’s known as “Just Room Enough Island”. The island is one of the famous Thousand Islands. It even has a super tiny beach with some chairs in front of the house.
12. This house is really interesting and unique. It’s located in Coober Pedy, an opal mining town in Australia. The house is built literally inside the earth. Most of the people from this town decided to build their houses underground because the temperature out there is 120-degrees. And this is nothing new because people have been living in these houses for over 100 years now.
11. This house is not suitable for those who are scared of small places. It’s located in Warsaw, and it’s called the Keret House. It’s basically squeezed between two other buildings, and it’s only 36 inches wide. We bet you never saw a house this narrow.
10. These houses were built out of protest, and they are built on trees. They are located in the historic Nine Ladies site in England. They are built because people wanted to prevent the historical site from being destroyed by extracting gritstone.
9. Another treehouse, but this time built out of passion. Software developer Joel Allen built himself a treehouse in Whistler, Canada. The house is super cute and modern.
8. In 2013, 25 houses were built on top of a shopping mall in Hengyang, China. They were built illegally, but they look so gorgeous. Now they used as dorms for the employees that work at the mall. That means that they can always arrive on time to work.
7. Another case of illegal construction in China was when two houses were built on the top of a factory building. It’s illegal because the size that was planned was exceeded when the houses were finished.
6. This house looks like it is from the future. It’s a property owned by engineer Jono Williams and it’s located in New Zealand. He made himself a Skysphere, that he can control using an app. He can control the lighting fixtures, he can use his voice to control the beer dispenser in the couch, and the house even has the ability to go into total lockdown “zombie mode”. Isn’t that cool?
5. The Paro Taktsang Monastery was built on a rock that faces into Bhutan’s Paro Valley, in the 17th century. The monastery is a sanctuary for the monks who practice the local form of Buddhism. They are isolated from the rest of the world, and there are cases of some monks that never again go down into the valley.
4. Another famous complex of monasteries is one of the largest built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries. It’s the complex known as Meteora, in Greece. This is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it’s built atop sandstone pillars.
3. If you are a fan of hiking then this house will be interesting to you. It is perhaps the highest-altitude house there is, and itis located in the Zermatt, Switzerland. It’s located more than 13,000 feet of the Matterhorn. It’s called Solvay Hut and it has 10 beds that can be used by hikers to get some well-deserved rest.
2. And the houses that have a very interesting location, because its surroundings are made basically out of spite. In China, there are so-called “nail houses”. They were initially built in a normal surrounding like other houses, but when other things started to build around them the owners refused to leave as the other house owners did.
1. All around the world, there are situations like this when people just don’t want to leave their house when someone wants to build there something else. Just remember the movie “UP”. The same happened in Turkey. This house was called the “Lone House”, and the family was trying to fight and keep their house from being demolished. Unfortunately, they didn’t win, and they had to leave their house.